Welcome to my website and the kickoff of my 2019 Wheaton Mayoral Campaign. Thank you for visiting and for your interest in the City of Wheaton.
We are all proud and fortunate to live in Wheaton—a strong, safe and vibrant residential community that has received national acclaim as a desirable place to raise a family. I have had the privilege of representing the residents of Wheaton on the City Council for the last 14 years. Over the course of my four terms, I have brought sound judgement and financial expertise to the deliberations of the Council. I am very proud of my voting record and of the City’s accomplishments during my tenure, including:
- Maintaining the city’s strong financial position
- Voting against increased property taxes while the city maintains reserves above target
- Limiting operating expenses increases to 2% or less a year
- Increased infrastructure investments including expanding the annual road program; additional funding for water, sewer, and storm water management and new programs to repair and build sidewalks and replenish parkway trees
- Completion of Wesley Street Bridge and the North Main Street Bridge, reducing North Main Street flooding
- Private economic development with the ongoing development of Pete’s Fresh Market, the relocation of Whole Foods, the completion of Courthouse Square and previously completed projects such as Mariano’s, the Wheaton 121 Apartments and the DuPage Medical Building
- Increased funding for the Wheaton Public Library
As Mayor, I will continue to be a strong advocate for fiscal strength and stability, public safety and investments in our neighborhoods and the downtown. I will continue to make decisions based on the best interests of Wheaton.
I ask for your support and your vote on April 2nd to make Wheaton an even better place to live and raise our families.